Friday, May 1, 2009

My letter to Rachel Maddow

 Rachel Maddow,

Once upon a time on January 26, 1998. Bill Clinton uttered...

 

  

Now, I have to go back to work on my State of the Union speech. And I worked on it until pretty late last night. But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you.[1]

 

 

I suppose wagging that finger was enough intimidation for every Democratic Senator to vote not-guilty on account of perjury[2], and to be acquitted on account of obstruction of justice... no citation needed.

Enough with the silly stuff like recent history.  Let's recap the more important things in life, like a particular a clip you showed tonight to MSNBC's far-reaching audience of 20. 

Frost on Nixon

 

 

            Well when the president does it that means that it is not illegal.

 – Former President Nixon

 

 

            The question I am trying to ask you in this E-mail is why would you rake more mud on a former dead president who resigned when caught red handed/on tape?  The man already has six feet of soil over his resting place. Why do you feel he needs the extra Earth? At the time, under those circumstances I believe Nixon's resignation was an honorable and selfless service you'd expect from a president.  Do you somewhat agree?   For some odd reason I have a feeling you only enjoy circuses on the hill if elephants are the main attraction.

            Well I have finals to study for so I will get to my question.  Why didn't you mention Billy's blatant abuse of power during his presidency?

            I would like to point out ole' Bill saved himself by ruling out oral sex as a classification of "sexual relations".  However, my simple mind is very lost. Rachel, can I please get some clarification?  Does this mean homosexuals abstain from sex?  I am not trying to offend anyone; I have no opinion on gay rights.  I feel they do not effect on my everyday life and I am not entitled to comment on the issue.  Despite the fact both men abused their presidential powers, I am just bewildered that you are not upset by Clinton's defense and still use Nixon as an example.  Do Rhode scholars have some sort of secret oath to defend each another?  Obviously I am not one, but you are a professional journalist and should every once in a while at least try to report the news from both sides of the aisle.  Call Clinton out for once.  He's not a hard target.  Oh by the way, I'd feel guilty if I didn't give you fair warning, but try not to wear a blue dress or suit if you do decide to oppose Billy.  I hear if it's blue, Wild Bill does not miss. Ask Monica.

Sincerely,

Alex Durdan



[2] perjury –noun, plural -ries. Law.  The willful giving of false testimony under oath or affirmation, before a competent tribunal, upon a point material to a legal inquiry.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis